In this morning’s message, we are going to talk about Good News. Everyone loves good news and loves to share it! Some recent good news for people worshiping with us today:
- “Your first grandchild is coming.”
- “I had a very happy and healthy birthday!”
- “Your medical condition is being completely managed with your current medicines. No further treatment is needed.”
- “The conflict in your office has been resolved. It’s no longer a problem.”
- “Here is a job opening that may interest you.”
- “Your bill has been paid in full.”
Or maybe you heard this message about Billy Graham (originally adapted from D.L. Moody), “Someday you will read or hear that Billy Graham is dead. Don’t you believe a word of it. I shall be more alive than I am now. I will just have changed my address. I will have gone into the presence of God.”
Now that is good news! But how could he have such confidence? What was his hope and surety? Today we will hear clearly the gospel, or good news, that was the hope of Billy Graham.
We will also learn about our opportunity to share that good news with those people around us. We have been given the power to do the task. We are the people for the task, and we want to present Jesus in every place where we go. With whom can you share the good news today?